September 26, 2014

Beavercreek treated a large Homecoming crowd to an exciting 44-27 win on Friday night over visiting Dunbar.  The Beavers first drive ended in a turnover at the Dunbar 3 yard line and the Wolverines then drove down the field to take an early 7-0 lead.  Creek tied it up on a Tim Bradshaw run early in the second quarter and Mikey Chuck tacked on 2 field goals, as the Beavers went into halftime tied 13-13.  But Beavercreek quickly grabbed the momentum by recovering an onside kick to begin the second half.  Carlos Edwards then broke free from 36 yards to give the Beavers a 20-13 lead.  The Wolverines answered and converted the two-point try to take the lead at 21-20.  It would be their last lead of the game, as Beavercreek quickly regained the lead on a Stone Kincer touchdown.  Late in the third quarter, Logan Turben scored on a 30-yard run to give the Beavers a 34-27 lead.  The Wolverines threatened in the fourth quarter, but Caleb Boone turned the tide with a big defensive play. After a Dunbar receiver made a spectacular catch across the middle to convert 4th and long and was racing inside the 20,  Boone forced and recovered a fumble to give the ball back to the Beavers.  Beavercreek would drive down and add another Mikey Chuck FG for a 37-27 lead with just over a minute to play.  On the next Wolverine possession, Dunbar QB Lamar Florence threw a pass that was picked off by Mikel Davis and returned 30 yards for a score to seal the Beavercreek victory, 44-27.  For the Beavers, Stone Kincer lead the charge on the ground with 160 yards on 14 carries.  Tim Bradshaw added 109 yards and Logan Turben 94 yards as the Beavers rushed for 422 yards on the night.  Defensively, Caleb Boone and Austin Carf tallied 6 tackles each and came up with some big hits to help the Beavers shut down Dunbar in the second half and hold them scoreless in the pivotal 4th quarter.  The Beavers (2-3) will open up GWOC Central play next week as they travel to Northmont to take on the Thunderbolts.  Go Beavers!